The Society shall function as an independent, professional and autonomous agency for procurement of quality health sector goods and services required by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India in a transparent and fair manner and make the goods available at convenient locations for the benefit of the users by addressing efficiently the supply chain issues. It will also undertake similar tasks for any other Ministry/Department of Government of India, State Governments or any other agency with the prior approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
The main objectives of the CPA:
- To procure health sector goods efficiently.
- To put in place transparent and competitive systems for procurement so that goods are procured at competitive rates.
- To put in place fool proof systems for quality control so that the user gets quality products; quality will be the main driver restricting tender participation to firms of high standard.
- To set up and manage an efficient supply chain.
- To put in place an MIS to prevent stock outs and excess inventory and also to reduce wastage, if not eliminate it.
- To standardize specifications, tender procedure, documents, billing and payment systems.
- To interact with the Ministry and State governments on requirement of health sector goods, their standardization and quality control.
- To assist the EPW in its efforts on States procurement reforms.
- To give technical and managerial assistance to States on procurement and logistics.
- To deal with procurement and distribution with the service provider and the user in view and improve the system based on their feedback.
- To function with service as the prime motive rather than profit.
- To promote rational use of drugs.
In short, the CPA will take full responsibility for procurement and distribution with the sole purpose of serving the user.