SOCIETY REGISTERED UNDER
SOCIETIES REGISTRATION ACT, 1860
RULES AND REGULATIONS
CENTRAL MEDICAL SERVICES SOCIETY
SHORT TITLE AND APPLICATION
- These Rules and Regulations shall be called “The Rules and Regulations of the Central Medical Services Society, 2011”.
- There Rules shall some into force with effect from the date of registration of the Society with the Registrar of Societies.
In the interpretation of the these Rules and Regulations unless there be something in the subject or context inconsistent therewith:
- “The Act” means the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as amended up to date.
- “The Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Governing Body of the Society.
- “Clear Days” in relation to the period of a notice means the period excluding the day when the notice is given or deemed to be given, and the day for which it is given or on which it is to take effect.
- “The Director General” means the Director General of the Society. He/She will be the Chief Executive Officer and the Member Secretary of the Society.
- “The Government” means the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- “The Governing Body” means the Body constituted under Rule 22 of these Rules as the Governing Body of the Society.
- “The President” means the President of the Society (General Body).
- “Vice-President” means the Vice President of the Society/General Body.
- “Rules” means these Rules and Regulations registered along with the Memorandum of Association.
- “Seal” means the common seal of the Society.
- “the Society” means the Central Medical Services Society, registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- “Secretariat” means the Secretariat of the Society.
- “Persons” includes a firm, company, corporation, cooperative society, individual and as association or body of individuals whether incorporated or not.
- “Year” means financial year commencing from 1st day of April of any calendar year and terminating on the 31st day of March of the following calendar year.
- “Member” means the member of the Society.
- Words importing the plural number shall include the singular number and words importing persons shall include organizations.
- Expressions referring to writing shall, unless the contrary intention appears, be constructed as included references to printing, lithography, photography and other modes of representing or reproducing words in a visible form.
Unless the context requires, words or expressing contained in these Articles shall bear the same meaning as in the Act or any statutory modification thereof in force at the date at which these Articles become binding on the Society.
- The Society is established for the objects expressed in the Memorandum of Association of the Society.
MEMBERS of General Body:
The Society shall have the following members in the General Body not exceeding 26 members:
- First members of the Governing Body; one of whom may be nominated by the Government as President.
- Additional ex officio members of the Governing Body.
- Director General of the Society, to be appointed under these Rules.
- Procurement/Supply Chain experts to be nominated by the Society (General Body) from time to time with the concurrence of the Government.
- The membership of an ex officio member of the Society and the General Body shall terminate when he/she ceases to hold the office by virtue of which he/she was member and his/her successor to the office shall become such member.
- Nominated members shall hold office for a period of three years from the date of their nomination. Such members will be eligible for re-nomination for another period of three years.
- The Society shall maintain a roll of members at its registered office and every member shall sign the roll and state therein his/her rank or occupation and address. No member shall be entitled to exercise rights and privileges of a member unless he/she has signed the roll as aforesaid.
- Members of the General Body shall cease to be members if they resign, become of unsound mind, become insolvent or be convicted of a criminal offence involving moral turpitude or removal from the post by virtue of which he/she was holding the membership.
- Resignation of membership shall be tendered to the General Body through the Director General and shall not take effect until it has been accepted on behalf of the General Body by the President.
- If a member of the Society changes his/her address, he/she shall notify his/her new address to the Director General who shall thereupon enter his/her new address in the roll of members. But if a member fails to notify his/her new address, the address in the roll of members shall be deemed to be his/her address.
- No act or proceedings of the Society or of the General Body shall be invalid merely by reason of the existence of any vacancy therein or of defect in appointment of any of its members.
- Members of the General Body shall not be entitled for any remuneration by the Society against the services rendered to the Society.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE SOCIETY (GENERAL BODY):
- The Society (General Body) shall meet as often as is considered expedient but not less than once a year to approve and decide on the activities of the Society and the Governing Body.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING/SPECIAL GENERAL BODY
- Authority, Frequency and Scope.
- An Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held at such time, date and place, as may be determined by the President. At such Annual General Meeting, the Governing Body shall submit the Annual Report and the Audited Accounts of the Society together with the Auditor’s Report thereon;
- The President may convene a Special General Meeting of the Society, whenever he/she thinks necessary; and
- At all Special General Meetings, no subject other than that stated in the notice or requisition, as the case may be, shall be discussed except when specially authorised by the President.
- Every notice calling a meeting of the Society shall state the date, time and place at which such meeting will be held and shall be served upon every member of the Society not less than fifteen clear days before the day appointed for the meeting. The Agenda Note shall be served upon every member of the Society not less than seven days before the appointed for the meeting.
- The accidental omission to give notice to or the non-receipt of notice by any member shall not invalidate the proceedings at the meeting.
- A notice may be served upon to every member of the Society either personally or by sending it through post or by e-mail.
- Any notice so served by post shall be deemed to have been served on the day following that on which the letter, envelop or wrapper containing the same is posted and in providing such service it shall be sufficient to prove that the cover containing such notice was properly addressed and put in the post office.
- President/Vice-President of the Society:
- The President shall preside over all meetings of the Society. He shall also exercise general supervision over its functionaries.
- In case of equality of votes in any meeting, he/she tender his/her casting vote.
- Vice President:In the absence of the President, he/she will carry out the function entrusted to the President.
- Seven members of the Society present in person shall form a quorum at any meeting of the Society.
- If there is no quorum at any meeting of the Society, the meeting shall be adjourned for a week at least and reconvened at a date, time and place to be decided by the President of the Society.
- If at such adjourned meeting a quorum is not present, then those members who are present shall constitute the quorum and may transact the business for which the meeting was called.
- All disputed questions at the meetings of the Society shall be determined by a majority of votes of the Members present and voting.
- Each Member of the Society shall have one vote. In case of any equality of votes, the President/Chair shall have a casting vote.
- The proceedings of all meetings of the Society and resolutions passed therein shall be submitted by the Director General to the President of the Society for approval.