Quality is considered as the main driver in procurement reform to be undertaken by the CMSS. The Quality Policy is in place.
Quality testing is being done through empaneled laboratories. The empaneled has been undertaken through an advertised tendering process. Laboratories that have qualified the acceptance criteria viz: Valid license issued by the State/Central Licensing Authority, Valid NABL certificate, Experience and analysing Drugs/ Medicines, Qualified staff in Quality control department, Available instruments/ equipment, Total capacity of testing and No involvement on manufacturing activity; have been empanelled.
With this, the arrangements for testing the procured drugs are in place to ensure that quality is met in every batch that will be distributed to the State and Union Territory authorities.
CMSS remains committed to its objective of ensuring Quality.
List of Empaneled Quality Test Labs:
- Indian Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (IPC)- Ghaziabad (UP)
- Central Drugs Testing Laboratory (CDTL) Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) New Delhi
- National Institute of Biologicals (NIB)-Noida (UP)
- National Indstitute of AIDS research(NARI)- Pune
- Central Drugs Testing Laboratory (CDTL)- Chennai (TN)
- Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology Chennai (CIPET)-
- National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR)- New Delhi
- Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences (RMRIMS) Patna (Bihar)
- Institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology (IPFT) Haryana
- Electronics & Quality Development Centre (EQDC) Gujarat International Institute of Biotechnology and Toxicology (IIBAT) Chennai (TN)
- International Institute of Biotechnology and Toxicology (IIBAT) Chennai (TN)
- Shriram Institute for Industrial Research- New Delhi
- Edward Food Research and Analyses Centre- Kolkata
- Arbro Pharmaceutical Pvt- New Delhi